Friday, March 27, 2009

Thrifting through the week!

Alright! So i finally got my slack ass around to posting my opshop finds from the last few weeks :)
They excite me... in a sexual way. No but... in a nonsexual yet awesome way. cough. i shall continue. I may or may not be delerious from too much work... never you mind that.

This is a long post, so hold onto your hat(s?).

Let's start with the hot dresses i picked up: please not that although the walls in my house are quite alluring, these dresses look much better on a living person. :D




This one has a surprisingly cool neckline when on... and i bought it from the dearest old lady in the church opshop :)






This dress was a little more expensive but it looks like sex with my giant brown belt and matching raybans (not real, if i could afford raybans i probably wouldn't thrift my own vintagewear!).





This dress is amaaaazingly awesome in the way that the neck material falls annnd it's super flattering aaaand it just looks funky- but unfortunately my wide, ready to bear children hips, make it a bit too snug on me :(


Pretty lil anchor buttons! Seriously, i think i would marry this dress if it was legal. Maybe i should look into that...







This very retro dress looks a lot better when pulled in at the waist :P



I couldn't resist the thick fabric and cute buttons on this one- but it looks a lot bigger than it is so i'll be selling this one on i think...






Sweet but a bit of rockabilly kickass.


Oooooh i found these amazing dr martins that will fit my 4 yr old sister! they are so adorable, i can't wait to give them to her.

More stuff-


My luffly work friend bought be these s&p shakers for valentines day so i was overjoyed when i found the following item- for a dollar! yay.


More homewares- I thrifted these vintage cannisters from the local flea markets:






The sweet horses were a couple of bucks each from a salvos :)


I've had my eye out for a pyrex jug like this for a while so i was pretty happy when i found this one for 50c. I love the retro cannisters and tuppaware too- but the clear winners are the corn cob picks shaped like corn- it's just pure class.


Tehe, i'm pretty obsessed with anything bambi, so this biscuit barrel was a nice surprise. It's not as cute as the one i bought on ebay (below), but it was a lot cheaper!


Does ebay count? :P I bought this willow tin on ebay- along with some cake baking tins- too match the larger one i found at an opshop last year. Joy.



This aristocats game from the 70's made me pretty happy- but it wasn't complete... this may be a good thing though as it encouraged me to use the pieces it did contain to make adorable brooches...





As game pieces...
And below, berlioz as a brooch.










Mass book attack! I got two more cheapo bambi books for my collection, as well as some vintage golden books and nursery rhymes, and a kitsch book on saints.










Terrible last photo, but you get the idea- terrible kitsch art and a retro looking flying swallow.
All in all it was a good few weeks :)

I forgot to take photos of some of the ridiculous vinyls i bought so i'll do another post for those... as well as my mystery item which deserves it's own post, because i'm too tired now to do it justice!

oh and i just remembered, i also bought a vintage game of operation! very cheap, and i know it's from the 70's because the doctor on the front is smoking! Hehehe. Evil doctors.

LOVE and sorry about this extremely delayed, drawn out post!
xxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You certainly did well! I ADORE the "aristocat" brooches!!!!!! So very cute.
    Hahahahahahahah re: the smoking doctor! Brilliant.
    Damn! I want to go op-shopping now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, when you go out to opshops you leave with a bam! What luck you ran into with awesome dresses. Vintage games? how cool are they!?! ah, soo many goodies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sah-weeeet! Oh how I heart the blue polka dot dress & bunny print, eeee, bunnnnniiiiesss! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wooooow
    I'm envious of all your vintage finds, those dresses are to die for! Especially the orange and white one - I think I want to marry it too.

    Are you planning on selling that one too? If so please point me to your store! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm planning to get a store up and running hopefully within the next month :) I'll definately keep everyne updated on my blog anyway :P
    thanks for the interest.
    x

    ReplyDelete